Friday, November 2, 2012

Grateful

So I'm doing the whole thankful November thing and I missed the first day, so here it is! (I planned on doing two as well, needless to say this one got a little long. Tomorrow!) I'm not doing it on Facebook because, really, not everybody wants to know about my detailed cheesy love for everything in this world. Those who want to be a part of my cheesefest can visit my bloggityblog which is totally adorbs and filled with cuteness.

I am unbelievably grateful for my parents. They. Are. Awesome. Seriously people, have you met them?! Anyway, I love them to death. I wouldn't have the charming personality I have now if it weren't for them. But in all seriousness they guided me, loved me (even through my grumpy rebellious teenage years), supported me, disciplined me, taught/forced me to clean (heaven forbid! I learned some parents didn't teach their children how to clean when I got roommates. eek.) taught me responsibility, let me make my own decisions, let me learn from my own terrible decisions, gave me awesome genes, taught me what to look for in a man, taught me how to (eventually) be an awesome mom, taught me how to be patient and kind, and sosososososososo much more. I could go on and on. I've always gotten along with my parents and I'm so grateful for that. I know a lot of kids don't have that kind of relationship.

 I'm so grateful for my dad who works and has worked so hard to support us. My dad is the most patient guy I have and probably ever will meet. He is such an example to me because patience is not my strength, crazy I know. He would spend HOURS helping me with homework. I definitely have a lot of my dad in me and I'm proud of it! He's so understanding and I would hate to go a day without him teasing me.




My mom, oh boy, my mother. She is HI-LAR-I-OUS. I like to pretend that I'm just as funny as her, but she's hard to beat! She's been my best friend forevs, and not just in the "she's my mother so I have to be nice since I'm stuck with her for life" kind of way. Jesse says I act like her ALL the time and I take that as a compliment! When she's old I totally call dibs on having her live with me at our home (you heard me siblings!).


2 comments:

  1. How could we say anything bad about that post! That was very nice Chantel, I hope we really deserve all the nice things you said! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Chantel, I didn't catch this post when you first put it up! Holy Cow! You are so sweet and you totally ROCK! Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and compliments. I feel so privileged to have you as my daughter! Thanks for calling dibs on me when I'm old! I love you so much. You have the most awesome personality and thankfully you are practically perfect in every way! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete