Monday, October 29, 2012

Cruisin'

All this snow and winter crap has brutally slapped me in the face and reminded me of the wonderfully NOT COLD winter we had last year in Florida/Jamaica/Cayman Islands.

We left on the cruise a week after Jesse proposed and also a week before Christmas. We BARELY made it back for Christmas in Idaho with the wonderful Cooke fam. Not only did our flight get so full that Jess and I had to stay behind in Atlanta, Georgia as our family flew back to Utah,  but also our bus back to Rexburg caught on fire. Lucky for us, things worked out and we got two $400 dollar plane tickets and two free shuttle bus rides to Salt Lake. We win. 

The lovely Nielsen side. 

 Jamaican waterfall hike! Sosososo fun.

 Jess was planning on proposing here, but he couldn't wait. I'm SO glad he did it when he did because this night I was feeling extra sea sick. 





 We're really attractive. And also really humble.






 Our guide took us to this crazy awesome restaurant with true Jamaican jerk (I may be saying that wrong) but it was Deeeeelish!


Jess didn't know that the pools were filled with salt water, opening his eyes under water is still probably the worst decision that he's ever made.


Just a reminder. 


 Our stretch limo to the cruise, my first time riding in a limo! 






 The cayman islands were uh-mazing. We were supposed to go snorkeling but we were too busy soaking up the warmth that we wouldn't be getting for a long, long, loong time in Idaho.








I would give my left pinky toe to go back right about now, but as long as I'm with my unusually warm hubby I'm as happy as can be and sometimes I can maybe imagine that I'm in some exotic place where snow and ice only come on Christmas and on nights when I'm craving hot chocolate and comfy clothes, or when I want to build a snow man. 



4 comments:

  1. This blog was too sexy! hahahahahhha, yeah, oh the memories of such wonderful times! I love you! Wish we could do it again! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shirt..where did you get it? dELiA'S? oh yeah. I know.

    ReplyDelete